**Quin Roberts** Biography

JohnsOldMercurySite Sponsored APBA Hydroplane Racer

**Quin Roberts** Biography

Postby Michael » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:39 pm

Quin Roberts will begin his racing career in the 2016 season.

Quin is a third grader at Chester Academy (NH), and a Cub Scout.
He doesn't play with video games as much as Eli and is much happier outdoors.
He loves his bicycle, toy 4-wheeled vehicle and playhouse with newly attached "garage".
His primary extra-curricular activity (believe it or not) is antique outboards and boats.
He is crazy about the Whaler with almost any engine and loves to ride in fast boats such as the Powercat.
He is also very good at making plans and "engineering" test plans for both old boats.
They are usually, but not always, well thought out.
Whether he will make the transition to single seat hydroplanes remains to be seen.
He has an older brother (Eli, 12 APBA racer) and younger sister (6).
quin.jpg

Dscn5774.jpg

Two racers.jpg
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Re: **Quin Campbell**

Postby Fingerlakeskid » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:06 pm

Hey Quin! I was about your age when I was allowed to use my family's rowboat with a 5hp outboard for the first time all by myself. I never forgot that thrill and fifty some years later I still love boats! You are going to have fun buddy! The faster you go, the more fun it is! Be careful and learn the right and SAFE way to do things. Don't be careless or take foolish chances as you can get hurt badly. Good luck with your racing Quin, you picked a great sport!
Stan Augustine

Mark 30 tiller,  Mark 55, Mark 58A (4) Merc 200 FGS, Merc 350, Merc 500, Merc 40, Merc 60.  1950 CZT Penn Yan Swift, 1957 Alumacraft FD, 1985 Larson Senza w/Merc 1150,
Fingerlakeskid
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby Michael » Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:20 pm

Quin
Great to see your getting into the racing....you have a head start on most new racers, grandpa is an expert crew chief already!
your JOM's team gear is on the way .....get us some photos

look forward to watching videos of you  racing    good luck icon_thumbup.gif
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Postby Tom Brockmeyer » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:44 am

Hi Quin!  I sent you a package the other day.  It's a part to keep you safe in your raceboat next year.

Let us all know how you are doing and what you think about starting your boat racing hobby.

Tom Brockmeyer
Lake Lanier, 30miles North of Atlanta, GA
Old Mercury outboard fan... Especially the fast ones!
Mercury/MerCruiser,  Evinrude/Johnson & VolvoPenta Technician (After my suit & tie wearing career was done!)
Tom Brockmeyer
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Re: **Quin Campbell** Biography

Postby Chloe » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:00 pm

Hey Quin! Wanna wish you the best of luck for this upcoming season. Its great to hear that another young racer is getting a good start into the sport. You're joining a great team here at JOMS and have amazing guys supporting you. If you ever need anything at a race, just let me know. Mercsami and I will do everything we can to help. Welcome to the team!
Chloe

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership

Re: **Quin Roberts** Biography

Postby LarryR » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks, Chloe, we hadn't seen your comment before.

Quin's biography hasn't changed much.
He's added guitar to his resume and hasn't gained a lot of weight.
He's in fifth grade now and doing well at Chester Academy.
He added JSR to his race schedule this year and it has given him a lot of confidence, as opposed to last year.
That has carried over to his hydro driving, as well.
In fact, his APBA points total has increased almost tenfold over 2016.
little merc shop, Londonderry, NH; 1946 thru 1961 merc restoration :)
LarryR

Return to **Quin Roberts**