Chloe at Millville Day 2

JohnsOldMercurySite Sponsored APBA Hydroplane Racer

Chloe at Millville Day 2

Postby Chloe » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:43 am

Tried out some different props and eventually went back to a prop that we ran yesterday. Had some fun and got a lot of seat time. Can't thank all the racing community enough for all the hospitality and just all around generosity towards us. Everyone is so helpful and always willing to lend a hand where it's needed. We struggled yesterday getting the motor fit up right to the new boat, but within an hour we had 5 guys on their hands and knees walking us through it and troubleshooting.  We tried out 3 or 4 different thrust brackets until we found one that worked, a big thanks to Billy Simmons for letting us try his out and then a big thanks to Gary Pond for letting us use one of his. This is the reason we love going to races, of course winning is fun, but it's even better just being around such a great crowd.

Sundays Results:

ASH: 5th out of 7, 5th out of 7

AXH: 2nd out of 6, 2nd out of 6, DQ (jumped), and 2nd out of 5 (lost a boat in the field due to a flip)

Thank you to all you guys that made this race possible for me. From the guys who bought tickets for the raffle from which the shipping money went towards my Kevlar, to the guys that donated towards my Kevlar. Without you guys this race wouldn't have happened for me. I want to thank Ken Terry for donating the boat that I raced, I plan on using this amazing boat for a long while. Thank you to Gary Pond for the great Mercury motor that I race. Thank you to Billy Simmons for the constant support and helpful advice. Thank you to all the members of DVORA for putting on this event and all being so supportive of young racers like myself. I'd also like to thank my family, they took the time to come on the long trip and support me in every way possible. And most of all I'd like to thank my grandfather (mercsami) for all that he does. He's the one that got all this started, way back when he put me in his one hydro and sent me out on the Susquehanna. He has done so much for me, from selling motors to support my racing, to spending the time testing with me and maintaining all my equipment and making sure it's all packed an ready for when we head to the races. I can't thank him enough for everything that he does. I guess all in all I am very fortunate to have so many people behind me, and I hope to one day be able to return the favor through supporting another racer in their beginning years with all the knowledge that is being passed down to me from all those that help me.
Chloe

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Re: Chloe at Millville Day 2

Postby LarryR » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:33 pm

gotta love grand-dads  icon_clap.gif  that support their racers.
Good job at Millville - next year we'll be old enough to go  :wink: .
little merc shop, Londonderry, NH; 1946 thru 1961 merc restoration :)
LarryR

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby Chloe » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Larry, great news to hear Eli will be old enough to race in NJ. Cant wait to see ya guys at Millville next year!
Chloe

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby Bob » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:02 pm

Good going Chloe !!   we need more people like you that love racing.... it's a great sport..

bob lind
Bob

10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership10 years of membership

Postby Michael » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:41 pm

icon_clap.gif  icon_clap.gif
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

Return to **Chloe Sees**