how to find us IN CASE OF EMERGENCY READ IN

Forum Orientation and How To's
Need Specific Help?

how to find us IN CASE OF EMERGENCY READ IN

Postby Michael » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:25 am

Gentlemen
Weve all gone to visit one of our usual sites to find its down for a week or more in some cases, well one of the forums I frequent was recently ransom ware hacked and although they had backups the hackers keep seizing the site so regardless of the database backups they had and can restore the corrupt site easily the hackers kept the site unusable by the harassment tactic &  IT WENT ON FOR ALMOST 6 WEEKS

This is a backup domain name I purchased and I also purchased the cheapest webhosting thru godaddy ....this is in the event we get attacked by the ever pervasive RansomWare Hackers, although I backup our database every day, once the ransom ware hackers get your domain and IP they just keep pounding you,  still rendering the site unusable, now if necessary we have an alias domain name and place to hideout with little to no interuption  8-)   

or if our hosting company should ever crash completely and loose our database, like has happened to other sites we all have visited,  we again have a place to temp operate from

Now this ULTRA CHEAPO backup website CAN NOT  handle our bandwidth usage but we can spend a few bucks to upgrade and be running full function within a couple hours

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

bookmark this alias domain...
If we are ever down for more than a couple hours check here   
http://www.vintagemercuryoutboards.com

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Re: how to find us IN CASE OF EMERGENCY READ IN

Postby SteveC » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:56 pm

I don't know how I missed this post until this morning, other than to say that life has been....... icon_silent.gif   But back to the post, thanks again Michael for the work you do to protect our community we have here.  I greatly appreciate it!  A lot of folks don't know about the ransom type hackers, but they are out there and are a real menace.  

I know that our AOMCI Midwest chapter site had been stolen and they installed a site that was virus on the domain name.  This was about 18 months ago.  We ended up dropping that site and went with a new address, but these bastards are the scum of the net.  I hope to be taking over the Midwest site for content in a few months as arrangements can be made, as I want to keep it more current.  

Steve
2 KD-4s, 2 KE-4's, 3 KE-7's, KF-7, KG-7 rat, 4 KG-7's,2 KH-7's, 2 KF-5's, 2 Mk-5's, 4 Mk-20's, 7 Mk-25's, Mk-28.5, 3 Mk-10's , Merc. 450, 6 Merc.110's 63,67,68,68,69,70, 14 200's, Merc 60, Merc 800(71), & 1984 "D.U." 7.5
SteveC
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Re: how to find us IN CASE OF EMERGENCY READ IN

Postby Fingerlakeskid » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 pm

Yes Michael, thank you for your dedication and your hard work. We have several national treasures here in the US, you're one of them!
Stan Augustine

Mark 30 tiller,  (2)Mark 55, Mark 58A (2)Merc 200 FGS, Merc 450, Merc 500, Merc 60.  1950 CZT Penn Yan Swift, 1957 Alumacraft FD, 1985 Larson Senza w/Merc 1150,
Fingerlakeskid
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership

Return to Need Help? & Forum Features & How to Use Them