Found This Interesting

Show & Tell time! Photos, comments, stories, etc

Found This Interesting

Postby Fastjeff » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:13 pm

One of the modifications Yellowjacket suggested to get the stinkin' bow up on my creeping dink boat was to make the pad deeper. Since this was an extensive modification, and I wanted to try his other idea first (extra strakes to lift the bow), I put this mod on the old back burner--but it's next to try IF the strakes don't do the job.

The boat in the comparison below just showed up on BRF's website--and it stunned me as to how close the design is to mine. Its bow definitely comes up, and how! As seen in videos made by its builder, if anything, the bow runs way too high (and even though the driver is situated far further forward than in mine).

Jeff

PS: Just noticed that the strakes on mine are not shown in the sketch, but they are there, and in roughly the same location as the Bullet. The deadrise is also 20 degrees.
Attachments
Dink Bullet Comparo.JPG
Words spoken in two stroke heaven: There's no fuel like an oiled fuel.
Fastjeff
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Re: Found This Interesting

Postby Yellowjacket » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:10 pm

Exactamoundo Jeffey.....

What the deeper pad does is essentially make the planing surface narrower.  In order to create the necessary lift the narrower surface has to run at higher trim angle and the nose comes up...  Not exactly rocket science.  But to make sure it works the pad needs to be carried up forward too.  I haven't been on BRF lately and haven't seen that thread, but that's the basic idea.
Yellowjacket

5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership

Re: Found This Interesting

Postby Fastjeff » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Here's a photo of the mold they use to build the Bullet 130s.  Other than their pad having a bit of Vee to it in front, mine is similar in location.

Jeff
Attachments
aaa.JPG
Words spoken in two stroke heaven: There's no fuel like an oiled fuel.
Fastjeff
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Return to Current Projects