Latest addition, Quincy Z

Show & Tell time! Photos, comments, stories, etc

Latest addition, Quincy Z

Postby AU52N » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 pm

My brother Alan just took delivery to a Quincy Z engine one of the rarest Quincy engines.  Thanks to a JOMS member he was able to purchase the engine.  I only have a couple of pictures at this time. He has an NOS correct Quincy tower and an NOS Konig gear case.  The work will be getting the engine unstuck from the Castor oil.  It is time to give the beast a bath.

IMG_1489.jpg
Z.jpg

It will be a while I guess before Alan gets to work on this engine since he is getting ready for the racing season, packing up three engines we recently sold, and building two new boats for LBRA racing school, etc...

David
AU52N

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Re: Latest addition, Quincy Z

Postby Tom Brockmeyer » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:50 pm

(moved here to Current Projects)

ANGRY looking engine!  Like it would rip your hand off if you tried to pet it!!  Nothing but screaming horsepower there.  Should be a great read when Alan gets going on it next winter!  David, just come right back to this thread and pick up where you left off, or feel free to start another thread when the work begins.
Tom
Lake Lanier, 30miles North of Atlanta, GA
Old Mercury outboard fan... Especially the fast ones!
Mercury/MerCruiser,  Evinrude/Johnson & VolvoPenta Technician (After my suit & tie wearing career was done!)
Tom Brockmeyer
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Postby jdub47r » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:04 am

I have a bit of Sellers Remorse, but I trust that it will be properly displayed and appreciated. I simply have too many projects!
I look forward to some other unique Quincy pieces coming back to Seattle from RNS Restorations Whirled Headquarters in Marietta Georgia.  [wrench.gif]
J-Dub

Looper: A, B, C, D, XF 44", 60", & 66" Deflector: A, B, D, & 60" F
Merc: 60J, 7.5J, 10XS, 25XS, 35SS, 650XS, KG4, 30H, 55H, 75H
Konig: FA, VD, 4-Carb VF, Yamato: RB & RC Piston Port, RC Reed Port, 80, 102, &302
jdub47r

6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership6 years of membership

Postby AU52N » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:18 am

JW
This is a great addition to the looper collection Alan is assembling and we are proud to be entrusted with the restoration of this piece of outboard racing history.  We have a few extra loopers we hope to assemble and offer for sale. Alan has the dyno card for this engine and it is hard to believe it puts out over 62 HP at 9500 RPM.

Thanks again for selling this engine to Alan

David
AU52N

2 years of membership2 years of membership

Postby Michael » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:55 am

nice gear you acquired
Michael
KIDS APBA SPONSOR

7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership7 years of membership

Return to Current Projects